S&S Worldwide Activity Guide for Spring
Find games, arts and crafts, and therapy ideas to add to your senior activity calendars from our friends at S&S Worldwide.
Create fun activity ideas for your residents that relate to fun observances and holidays this season.
Easter Activity Ideas
- Host a Chocolate Bunny Nightcap and pass out chocolate bunnies during a fun evening party for residents on the eve of Easter.
- Plan an Egg Dyeing Party for residents to dye Easter eggs.
- Make beaded cross necklaces as a Crafting With the Grandkids intergenerational activity.
- Organize an Easter Egg Hunt, in which you hide plastic eggs throughout your facility for residents to find.
- Assist residents with making Easter Table Centerpieces for each of the tables in your Dining Room, using Easter baskets, eggs, and grass.
Earth Day Activity Ideas
- Invite residents to help you decorate for an Earth Day Party in your facility with Earth balloons.
- Start an Herb Garden Club to have residents begin growing herbs.
- Use wheelchair gardening tools for an annual Garden Groundbreaking Ceremony that officially starts the gardening season at your facility.
- Recruit a resident to be the Butterfly Whisperer for your facility as you set up a giant butterfly garden in your Activity Room.
- Host an En Plein Air Painting Class on the back patio for residents to use canvases to paint the backyard landscape.
Cinco de Mayo Activity Ideas
- Host a Piñata Party for residents to grab candy from a donkey piñata.
- Teach a Mexican Art Class and show residents how to make Mexican bark paintings.
- Organize a Mexican Dominoes Tournament using Double-Six dominoes or Double-Twelve dominoes.
- Before the festivities, encourage residents to help you with Decorating Papel Picado using pre-cut Mexican designs to hang in your facility.
- Invite residents for a Salsa Workout to teach residents how to perform a chair Salsa.
Mother's Day Activity Ideas
- Host a Mother's Day Tea and pass out rose pins to honor all the moms.
- Decorate your Dining Room for a Mother's Day Brunch and place a silk rose at the place settings of all the ladies.
- Invite residents for an afternoon of Sharing Trinkets as you assist them with painting trinket boxes that can be passed down to their children.
- Set up a Card-Making Station in your Activity Room for residents to create their own Mother's Day cards to send to their daughters.
- Invite the grandkids for a Painting With Grandma activity to paint frames that the Grandmas can keep.
Armed Forces Day Activity Ideas
- Organize a morning of Letter Writing for residents to write their letters of thanks in note cards that can be delivered to troops overseas.
- Plan a Nature Hike to tie yellow ribbons around your facility's trees.
- Start a Patriotic Decorating Club for residents to help you decorate the exterior of your facility for the upcoming patriotic holidays.
- Put residents on Cookie Duty to make enough freshly baked cookies to pack as a gift and deliver to a neighboring military post.
- Host a Craft Fair for residents to sell their crafts to raise money to purchase care package supplies to send to troops.
Memorial Day Activity Ideas
- Schedule a Beading Class for residents to make patriotic bracelets.
- Plan a Remembrance Ceremony for residents to listen to military songs and reminisce about past military days.
- Invite residents to become Poppy Makers to help you decorate by assembling poppies for each of the doors in your facility.
- Host a Memorial Day Cookout for a fun afternoon of hamburgers, root beer floats, and homemade ice cream.
- Plan a Memorial Day Air Show for residents and their grandkids to fly patriotic gliders in the backyard.
Flag Day Activity Ideas
- Host a Flag Decorating Contest for residents to use paint and markers to decorate large flags.
- Pass out patriotic beads during a Red, White & Blue Fashion Show as residents show-off their patriotic attire.
- Schedule an American Trivia Challenge and pass out flag keychains to the winners of the trivia contest.
- Recruit residents for Driveway Duty to assist you with sticking American flags along the driveway of your facility.
- Host a Balloon Walk to place patriotic balloons throughout your facility.
Father's Day Activity Ideas
- Set out several chess sets to host a fun Chess Tournament for the men of your facility.
- Organize a Birdhouse Assembly Line as you get the men to help assemble and decorate wooden birdhouses for your facility's garden.
- Turn your Activity Room into the 19th hole as you pass out beers to the men after they make putts during a fun Putting Contest.
- Host a Pub Party for the men as you invite them to play a game of darts.
- Schedule a fun Poker Night for the men in your facility and award a prize to the player who accumulates the most poker chips.