S&S Worldwide Activity Guide for Spring
Find games, arts and crafts, and therapy ideas to add to your senior activity calendars from our friends at S&S Worldwide.
Create fun activity ideas for your residents that relate to fun observances and holidays this season.
Easter Supplies (April 17)
- Chocolate bunnies to pass out to residents or their grandchildren as Easter treats.
- Easter egg dyeing kit to decorate hard-boiled eggs.
- Beaded cross necklaces to make on Good Friday to wear on Easter Sunday.
- Plastic eggs to hide throughout your facility or fill with candy to pass out to residents.
- Easter baskets to fill with eggs, and grass to place throughout your facility as decoration.
Earth Day Supplies (April 22)
- Earth balloons to place throughout your facility to decorate for the observance.
- Mini terra cotta plants to grow an indoor herb garden in your Activity Room using seedlings.
- Gardening tools for residents to use in your facility's outdoor garden.
- Giant butterfly garden to watch caterpillars turn into butterflies in your Activity Room.
- Canvases for residents to make landscape paintings while sitting outdoors.
Cinco de Mayo Supplies (May 5)
- Donkey piñata for residents to hit with a plastic bat to get candy to fall out.
- Mexican bark paintings to paint and frame that can be hung as decoration.
- Double-Six dominoes and Double-Twelve dominoes for residents to play.
- Ojo de Dios medallions to make as decoration.
- Chair Salsa DVD to use as you lead residents in a Salsa exercise that they can do in their chairs.
Mother's Day Supplies (May 8)
- Rose pins to pass out to the ladies of your facility to wear to honor all the moms.
- Silk roses to give to all the ladies.
- Trinket boxes for residents to decorate before adding one of their trinkets to the box and giving it to their children or grandchildren.
- Mother's Day cards for residents to make to send to their daughters for the holiday.
- Frames that can be decorated to hold family photos that your residents can keep.
Armed Forces Day Supplies (May 21)
- Note cards for residents to write thank you notes or notes of encouragement that can be mailed and delivered to troops that are stationed overseas.
- Yellow ribbons for residents to tie bows around the trees in your facility's yard.
- Patriotic bunting to hang around the exterior of your facility as decoration for the upcoming patriotic holidays.
- Plastic containers to fill with care package supplies that can be sent to troops.
Memorial Day Supplies (May 30)
- Remembrance poppies to make and hang on the doors throughout your facility.
- Patriotic beads to assemble red, white, and blue bracelets to pass out for residents to wear.
- Military songs for residents to listen to while reminiscing about past military days.
- Mini pretzel maker to make homemade pretzels for residents to sample on the holiday.
- Patriotic gliders that residents can easily assemble and fly outdoors.
Flag Day Supplies (June 14)
- Large flags to decorate with paint and markers to hang in your Activity Room for the holiday.
- Patriotic bead necklaces to pass out to residents to wear with their patriotic attire.
- Flag keychains to pass out to residents as favors or prizes for playing patriotic games.
- American flags to stick outdoors in the ground along the driveway of your facility as decoration.
- Patriotic balloons to group throughout your facility as holiday decoration.
Father's Day Supplies (June 19)
- Chess sets for the men of your facility to use to play against one another.
- Wooden birdhouses for the men to assemble and decorate for your facility's garden.
- Putting game for the men to practice their putting skills during a friendly putting competition.
- Velcro darts game for the men to compete against one another by tossing Velcro balls against a dartboard.
- Poker chips to use for a fun poker game for the men of your facility.