S&S Worldwide Activity Guide for Summer
Find games, arts and crafts, and therapy ideas to add to your senior activity calendars from our friends at S&S Worldwide.
Create fun activity ideas for your residents that relate to fun observances and holidays this season.
Independence Day Activity Ideas
- Get your residents' arms moving up and down as you play a fun game of Parachute using a patriotic parachute.
- Organize a Latch Hook Club using flag latch hook kits.
- Instead of having fireworks, host a Patriotic Kite-Flying Contest in the backyard, and have residents decorate patriotic kites before flying them.
- Invite the grandkids for an intergenerational Patriotic Jewelry-Making Session to make patriotic bracelets using colorful rubber bands.
- Play Patriotic Paddle Ball with your bedridden residents using patriotic paddles.
Labor Day Activity Ideas
- Play a fun game of Name That Occupation as you pass around occupation cards for residents to try to guess the occupation.
- Pass out patriotic beads for residents to wear with their most creative red, white, and blue outfits for a Patriotic Fashion Show.
- Host a Job Story Circle for residents to swap stories about their coolest jobs.
- Appoint a resident to be Labor Day Decorator and assist you with hanging patriotic hanging stars in your Activity Room.
- Organize a Reminiscing Tea and discuss postcards of American events.
Grandparents Day Activity Ideas
- Host a Walk Down Memory Lane to play the Grandparent Talk game.
- Play Family Feud with family members, just like the television game show.
- Get residents to exercise their arms during Exercise Class as you toss around a Toss 'n Talk-About Family History ball.
- Host a Family Reunion at your facility and invite the younger generations to play a game of Family Talk with your residents.
- Encourage residents to participate in a Coffee Klatch and pass around family photos for residents to chat about over coffee.
Patriot Day Activity Ideas
- Take residents on an Armchair Travel to visit the country's most beautiful landmarks and landscapes.
- Organize a Wind Sock Party and invite residents to decorate patriotic windsocks.
- Divide residents into groups for a fun Puzzle Competition to see which team can be the first to complete an Americana jigsaw puzzle.
- Invite residents to work on their hand-eye coordination by assembling and playing a Catch-It Game using Patriotic Catch-It Cones.
- Lead residents in a Yo-Yo Contest using patriotic yo-yos.