S&S Worldwide Activity Guide for Summer
Find games, arts and crafts, and therapy ideas to add to your senior activity calendars from our friends at S&S Worldwide.
Create fun activity ideas for your residents that relate to fun observances and holidays this season.
Father's Day Supplies (June 20)
- Chess Sets for the men of your facility to use to play against one another.
- Wooden Birdhouses for the men to assemble and decorate for your facility's garden.
- Putting Game for the men to practice their putting skills during a friendly putting competition.
- Darts Game for the men to compete against one another by tossing fabric balls onto a dartboard.
- Poker Chips to use for a fun poker game for the men of your facility.
Independence Day Supplies (July 4)
- Patriotic Parachutes for residents to make by using red and blue markers to decorate plain parachutes for your Exercise Class.
- Patriotic Gliders to use for a fun plane-throwing contest in the backyard to see which resident can toss their glider the farthest.
- Patriotic Kites for residents to decorate with red and blue markers before flying them.
- Patriotic Bracelets for residents to assemble using rubber bands.
- Patriotic Paddles to use for a fun competition to see who can hit their ball the longest on the paddle continuously.
Labor Day Supplies (September 6)
- American Trivia to quiz residents about their knowledge of the U.S.
- Patriotic Beads to pass out for residents to wear as Labor Day necklaces for the day.
- Tabletopics Card Games for residents to play as they discuss their lives, including their past careers.
- Patriotic Hanging Stars to hang in your facility as decoration.
- USA Fans for residents to decorate to use during your facility's Labor Day parade, in which you recognize the past occupations of your residents.
Patriot Day Supplies (September 11)
- Songs of Remembrance to remember those loved and lost.
- Patriotic Windsocks for residents to decorate and hang on your facility's patio for the day.
- Americana Jigsaw Puzzles for residents to complete during jigsaw puzzle competitions among single players and teams.
- Patriotic Catch-It Cones to use for a patriotic competition to see how many times residents can get the ball in the cone in a minute.
- Patriotic Yo-Yos to teach residents how to use the Chinese yo-yos in the backyard.
National Grandparents Day Supplies (September 12)
- Scratch Art Frames for residents to decorate before framing pictures of their grandchildren.
- Family Feud game for residents to play.
- Toss 'n Talk-About Family History Ball for residents to toss back and forth as they answer questions about their family.
- Favorites Conversation Cards for residents to use to get to know one another during a fun discussion activity.
- Photos Albums for residents to fill with their family photos.