S&S Worldwide Activity Guide for Summer
Find games, arts and crafts, and therapy ideas to add to your senior activity calendars from our friends at S&S Worldwide.
Create fun activity ideas for your residents that relate to fun observances and holidays this season.
Independence Day Supplies (July 4)
- Patriotic Gliders to use for a fun plane-throwing contest in the backyard to see which resident can toss their glider the farthest.
- Patriotic Paintings in which residents use watercolors to color bald eagle pictures that can be hung as decoration in your common areas throughout the holidays.
- Patriotic Bracelets for residents to wear after assembling them using rubber bands.
- Patriotic Paddles to use for a fun competition to see who can hit their ball the longest on the paddle continuously.
Labor Day Supplies (September 5)
- American Trivia to quiz residents about their knowledge of the U.S.
- Patriotic Beads to pass out for residents to wear as Labor Day necklaces for the day.
- Patriotic Pinwheels for residents to hold and wave during your facility's Labor Day parade, in which you recognize the past occupations of your residents.
- Patriotic Hanging Stars to hang in your facility as decoration.
- USA Fans for residents to decorate to use during your facility's Labor Day parade.
Patriot Day Supplies (September 11)
- Patriotic Windsocks for residents to decorate and hang on your facility's patio for the day.
- Americana Jigsaw Puzzles for residents to complete during jigsaw puzzle competitions among single players and teams.
- Patriotic Catch-It Cones to use for a patriotic competition to see how many times residents can toss the attached ball into their cone in a minute.
- Patriotic Yo-Yos to teach residents how to use the Chinese yo-yos in the backyard.
National Grandparents Day Supplies (September 11)
- Scratch Art Frames for residents to decorate before framing pictures of their grandchildren.
- Family Feud game for residents to play with their family members during a fun Family Game Night.
- Family Crest Tiles for residents to decorate.
- Favorites Conversation Cards for residents to use to get to know one another during a fun discussion activity.
- Photos Albums for residents to fill with the family photos taken with their grandchildren.