S&S Worldwide Activity Guide for Winter
Find games, arts and crafts, and therapy ideas to add to your senior activity calendars from our friends at S&S Worldwide.
Create fun activity ideas for your residents that relate to fun observances and holidays this season.
- Christmas stockings to decorate and hang on the doors of your residents.
- Tree ornaments to decorate and hang throughout your facility for decoration.
- New Year's Eve hats for residents to wear for a New Year's Eve party.
- Party bubbles to blow bubbles on New Year's Eve.
- Noisemaker horns for residents to blow to announce the arrival of the new year.
- Snow globes to decorate for the season.
- Penguin jigsaw puzzles and other jigsaw puzzles for an afternoon of puzzle solving.
- Ceramic mugs to decorate for your weekly hot cocoa parties.
- Snowflakes to decorate and hang throughout your Activity Room for the season.
- Winter-themed beads to make winter bracelets and necklaces for residents to wear for the season.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day Supplies (January 17)
- Posters of famous African-Americans to hang throughout your facility for the holiday and for the upcoming Black History Month in February.
- Multicultural storybooks to read and share stories.
- Black History flash cards to share historical facts and to ask and answer questions.
- Bulletin board accents to decorate your facility's bulletin boards for the holiday and for the upcoming Black History Month in February.
- Inspirational beads to make bracelets.
Chinese New Year Supplies (February 1)
- Chinese yo-yos to practice and play with.
- Chinese checker boards to challenge residents to a fun Chinese Checkers tournament.
- Mahjong game set to teach residents how to play the tile game.
- Tea and saucer craft kit to decorate to use for an afternoon Chinese Tea Party.
- Red construction paper to make Chinese paper lanterns to hang as decoration in your Activity Room.
Super Bowl Activity Supplies (February 13)
- Football beads to make bracelets for residents to wear on Super Bowl Sunday.
- Popcorn bags to pass out popcorn snacks.
- Sports sand art kits to create sports artwork that can be used as decoration throughout your Activity Room.
- Foam footballs for residents to practice their throwing skills.
- Mini pretzel maker to serve hot pretzels and mustard during the big game.
Valentine's Day Supplies (February 14)
- Teddy bears to stuff and sell to raise money for your Activity Program, or to donate to a local children's charity.
- Stained glass hearts to decorate and hang on doors.
- Heart pins to decorate with markers and colored pencils for residents to wear for the holiday.
- Heart beads to make valentine necklace and bracelet gifts.
- LOVE wooden frames for residents to decorate and fill with a picture of a grandchild.
Presidents Day Supplies (February 21)
- Stars and Stripes trivia DVD to quiz residents on their knowledge of patriotic trivia.
- Patriotic beads to create patriotic-themed bracelets to wear during the holiday.
- Red, white and blue balloons to hit back and forth.
- Stars and stripes frames to decorate.
- Bald eagle painting kit for residents to paint, using the included watercolor set, and to hang as decoration.
Mardi Gras Supplies (March 1)
- Mardi Gras beads to pass out as prizes during a fun trivia game, or as favors for residents to wear throughout the day.
- Mardi Gras masks for residents to wear.
- Mardi Gras decorations to hang throughout your Activity Room as decoration for your Mardi Gras events.
- Wooden Mardi Gras masks to decorate for a fun masquerade party in your Activity Room.
- Noisemakers to crank to celebrate Fat Tuesday.
St. Patrick's Day Supplies (March 17)
- St. Patrick's Day balloons to decorate the rooms of your bedridden residents for the holiday.
- Gold coins to hide throughout your Activity Room for residents to find during a treasure hunt.
- Shamrock necklaces to pass out to wear.
- Paperboard leprechauns to place throughout your facility as decoration for the holiday.
- Plastic horseshoe game for residents to play to test their luck.