How to Celebrate Anniversaries
at Your Facility
Be sure to honor the anniversaries of your residents with special activities. Here are a few ideas to choose from to recognize the anniversaries of your residents:
- Anniversary Card. On the day of the anniversary, present the couple with a beautiful anniversary card or an online custom-made card (by greetingsisland.com) and have all the administrators sign it with their well wishes.
- Anniversary Dinner. Coordinate a special dinner for the happy couple. Ahead of time, find out their favorite foods so that the chef can prepare a few of them.
- Vow Ceremony. If your couple is willing, organize a vow ceremony for the two lovebirds to renew their vows in front of friends and family at your facility.
- Anniversary Cake. Order a special anniversary cake for a cake-cutting ceremony in your Dining Room at the end of the couple's anniversary dinner.
- Anniversary Frame. Encourage your facility's administrators to splurge on a custom anniversary frame to present to those celebrating milestone anniversaries. Contact family members to send you wedding photos that can be used for the frame.
- Bridal Shower. A few days before the anniversary – especially if it's a monumental one – host a fun bridal shower for the ladies of your facility featuring fun shower games and cake tastings.
- Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties. The evening before the big day, plan a few parties: a fun bachelor party for the men (e.g., poker night, game night, or a trip to Hooter's) and a fun bachelorette party for the ladies (e.g., a ladies' night dance party or a tea party).